Keke Palmer Launches True Jackson Clothing Line for Walmart


First it was Miley Cyrus, now Keke Palmer is the latest teen star to launch a Walmart fashion line. Inspired by the hit Nickelodeon show, True Jackson VP, Mad Style by True Jackson consists of jumpers, knit tops, leggings, T-shirts, modern dresses, Mary Janes and more for young girls, all for under $14. Designer Jane Siskin (who has collaborated with Mary-kate and Ashley Oslen on their Elizabeth and James collection), described the collection as “self-styled pieces that can be mixed and matched, neon colors, leggings, and layers,” at the Fall 2009 presentation in New York City. And while Siskin and her design team did all the work, Palmer still got to have a say. “They showed me the first samples and I was able to say what I liked and what I didn’t like,” the soon-to-be 16 year old said. “I pretty much loved everything.”
In the show, Palmer plays a teen who gets a dream job running a youth apparel division of a fashion company — and life may be starting to imitate art as Palmer discovers her own inner-fashionista. “I’ve definitely become one because of the show – before then I was just wearing that stuff that was nice but I wasn’t like ‘I love this [designer],’ I really didn’t pay attention to the tags on the back of the clothes,” confesses Palmer. “Now I’m like ‘oh, I know about all these different people and now I can go their websites!’ The wardrobe stylists, they’ve definitely broadened the horizons for me.” Mad Style by True Jackson is available in Walmart stores and on walmart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment